EVENT: ARA Silicon Valley: Hack Attacks – Why Data Security Experts are Here to Stay
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 – 5:00 p.m.
140 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA
With security hacks on the rise and the constant threat of key information getting leaked to the wrong person, the C-Suite and data security experts have their work cut out for them. Hackers are costing consumers and companies between $375 and $575 billion, annually, according to a study published by the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Nearly half of U.S. adults have had personal information stolen during the past 12 months alone! Join ARA Silicon Valley for a discussion on hack attacks.
As the digital revolution continues to grow, so do countless new jobs and careers within the tech industry – security and beyond. How do you fit into this new world both as an employee and consumer? How are companies fighting back against these data breaches?
- Kate Purmal – Author and Member of Board of Directors, Verasic
- Erika Irish Brown – Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Bloomberg
- Zach Haehn – Head of Software Engineering, Bloomberg LP
- Nairobi Kim – Risk Operations Consultant, Wells Fargo
- Sandro Lorenzotti – Technology Strategy and Advisory Services, Ernst and Young and Former Interim CIO, Ernst and Young