EVENT: ARA Seattle: Mentoring Forum - Finding Solutions and Best Practices for Working in the Tech Industry
Thursday, September 18, 2014, from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
ARA Seattle's next event is a Mentoring Forum that will bring together women in tech from different stages of their career who are experiencing similar challenges or are pursuing like goals. We will host a series of moderated roundtables to ensure you get multiple perspectives throughout the night, including:
- Developing as a Leader/ Navigating Your Career Path
- Challenges & Success in the Tech World
- Negotiating Salary & Advancement. Advocating for Yourself
- Finding a Balance with Work & Life
This session is targeted towards women at all stages of their career, with at least 3 years of professional experience within the technology industry or within a tech role. Many of the senior leaders in attendance have over 15 to 20 years of experience and will help moderate the conversations. Moderators include:
- April Alexander, Senior Manager, Redfin
- Catherine Carr, VP of Marketing, Haiku Deck
- Kathy Culver, IT Director formerly with Premera Blue Cross, GE Healthcare, and IDX Systems
- Christi Decuir, VP of Engineering, Optimum Energy
- Leigh Gower, Director, Digital Product Management, T-Mobile
- Elise Gautama, Senior Counsel, thePlatform
- Erin Peterson, President, McDermott Consulting Limited
- Heidi Young, Director of Data and Analytics, Applause
Space is limited. Please only register if you can commit to attending.
A summary of the event logistics follows:
- Date: Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Time: 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
- 5:30-6:15 p.m. – Registration & Networking
- 6:15-6:20 p.m. – Welcome & Introductions
- 6:20-7:40 p.m. – Mentoring Roundtables (we will rotate topics every 15 minutes)
- 7:40-8:00 p.m. – Wrap Up & Raffle
- 8:00-8:30 p.m. – Networking
- Location: thePlatform, 1000 2nd Ave, Suite 1000, 10th Floor - Seattle, WA 98104
- Cost: Free
We’ll be live tweeting during the event, follow us here: @aramentors #ARASeattle.