Connecting talented IT professionals with cutting-edge opportunities.
Here at McCann Partners, we make your career goals our goals as well. We are proud to work with talented IT professionals like you, and we are committed to providing you with a quality experience and opportunity, whether that means finding a more challenging, dynamic position or achieving greater work/life balance. Let the goals you have for your career become McCann Partner’s mission.
Are you searching for your next IT job opportunity? McCann Partners is ready to help you achieve career success. Please search our current opportunities using the links below or contact our office to speak to a member of our recruiting team.
Following are just a sample of the types of positions we place:
- NET Developer (Junior- and Senior-Level, Team Lead)
- BizTalk Architect
- Business Analyst
- Desktop Engineer
- Developer Operations Engineer
- Director of Product Management
- Enterprise Architect
- Java Architect
- Java Developer (Junior- and Senior-Level, Team Lead)
- Network Engineer
- PHP Developer (Junior- and Senior-Level)
- Product Manager
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Ruby on Rails Developer (Junior- and Senior-Level)
- Systems Administrator
- UI Architect
- UX/UI Designer
- Vice President of Application Development
Please search our available jobs or contact us for a full list of current opportunities.
Available Jobs Listing
McCann Partners has teamed up with a company in Chicago to hire a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) . This position is a full-time , newly-created role due to strategic growth initiatives for the software engineering group.
This position is for a Software Development Engineer in Test with Software Development experience who can work in a fast-paced, agile, cutting-edge work environment. The Software Development Engineer in Test will work closely with the development group and the QA lead. They will be expected to participate on every project and take part in the decisions concerning project scope, direction, readiness, etc. Our client’s engineers exercise ownership, accountability, innovation, and commitment to their projects.
The Software Development Engineer in Test should be highly skilled, always looking to learn new tools and technologies. This individual must be detail oriented and possesses sharp troubleshooting skills; someone who is eager to break/fix software quickly. They must be able to evaluate priorities and focus on the most critical program areas. This individual must have the skills necessary to read and understand code, and be comfortable with writing some code to build test harnesses and test scripts.
- Experience in software testing, including experience in the Agile/Scrum development lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge in QA, including generation of test cases and test plans, QA planning, execution, defect reporting, tracking, analyzing stack traces, code, log-files and other artifacts.
- Experience writing good quality object-oriented code for testing purposes using .NET.
- Understanding of databases and services including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include XML and JSON.
- Significant experience working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver software development projects; broad understanding of agile development practices.
- Working knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of test/development artifacts.
- Solid experience with scripting languages.
- Driven to be extremely technical.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with SQL Databases, SQL structures and writing complex queries.
- Willingness to speak up.
- Have excellent knowledge about Performance and Load testing methods and techniques.
- Create and promote the use of behavior/test-driven development at multiple levels within the software by pairing with code developers and product owners.
- Write and implement acceptance criteria; write automation test cases that verify functional and non-functional requirements of a feature.
- Design/lead the definition and execution of the test approach for a project or projects.
- Continually learn relevant new technologies to keep up with and apply them to the role.
- Participate in the architecture and design of a feature early in the development cycle, influencing it to drive quality and adherence to the specification.
- Align with and support the test process to ensure its consistent application across the engineering team.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent and overlapping projects.
- Work closely with QA Leads to design, implement, and execute automated tests that support the software development life cycle for new features, regression, and post deployment.
- Responsible for staying current on advancements in technology, design practices, and architecture, as well as the latest software and networking processes, tools, and methods, and for making recommendations on how these advances can be applied to the current products and engineering practices.
Qualified applicants may apply by sending a resume, as well as salary requirements.
This is a full-time employee direct placement opportunity, no 3 rd parties please. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Apply for Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.