McCann Partners has partnered with a financial client in Chicago, IL to hire an Agile Coach/Scrum Master with Delivery Process/Project Management experience for a six-month contract engagement, with strong possibility for an extension.
The need is immediate. Due to COVID-19, initially the resource will work remotely; eventually, she/he will need to be onsite two days a week in their Chicago, IL office location which has proximity to both Ogilvie Transportation Center and Union Station.
The Agile Coach is responsible for supporting the development team, clearing organizational roadblocks, and keeping the delivery process consistent. The Agile Coach enables the team’s success, helping the team be accountable to themselves and their stakeholders for the commitments they make. The Agile Coach coaches the team to deliver high quality solutions, services, and products while continuously improving delivery. The Agile Coach ensures the objectives and principles of Agile are understood and followed by teams in their effort to deliver services, solutions, and products, and reinforces the team’s practice.
Delivery Process/Project Manager Responsibilities
- When playing the Scrum Master role, function as a servant leader for the Product Owner and Product/Development Team and facilitate all team ceremonies (e.g., Planning, Reviews, Refinement, Retrospectives, etc.).
- Create and support an environment wherein the team can collaborate, solve problems, and deliver solutions effectively.
- Ensure Team adherence to agreed practice and quality measures and provides supporting guidance.
- Identify, analyze, and manage risks to the team’s productivity and stability.
- Communicate a variety of information about the team broadly and transparently including the health of the team and the team’s progress using appropriate metrics and reporting methods.
- Support IT Security, Network Ops, or Architecture teams.
Agile Coach Responsibilities
- Collaboratively work with various Scrum and Kanban based Agile teams within IT to implement consistent utilization and reporting standards.
- Implement metrics that both Scrum and Kanban based teams can leverage to measure performance and drive continuous improvements.
- Support the Product Owner as required, including backlog refinement, communicating information about the product and planning product releases.
- Actively contribute to the Bank’s collective effort to continuously improve our Agile practice and achieve operational excellence.
- Participate in the delivery of training to educate and assist Product Owners, Delivery Process Managers and team members on the Agile framework, key Agile concepts, ceremonies, and deliverables.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Information Technology, Finance, Banking, Treasury Operations or Capital Markets preferred.
- Prior experience working in IT Security, Network Operations, Engineering, or Architecture
- Demonstrated experience working with Agile methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban.
- 5+ years of work experience as an Agile coach.
- Extensive experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience as a Scrum Master for multiple teams in an iterative delivery model.
- SAFe knowledge and experience are a plus.
- Experience managing an IT Operations team (Networking, Citrix, cloud computing (AWS)) or IT Operations projects is a plus.
- Experience managing an IT Security team (security controls, identity and access management, Privileged Access Management), or IT Security projects is a plus.
- Experience with ServiceNow is a plus.
- Must have experience implementing a Scrum of Scrum structure within an IT environment.
- College or university degree in an applicable field or relevant work experience with similar products required.
- One or more of the following certification(s) are required:
- Project Management Professional – (PMI)
- Certified Enterprise Coach – (Scrum Alliance)
- Certified Team Coach – (Scrum Alliance)
- Certified Scrum Trainer – (Scrum Alliance)
- Agile Certified Practitioner – (PMI)
- Certified Scrum Master – (Scrum Alliance)
Conditions of employment include the successful completion of required background and credit screens, as well as verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.