Application Support Manager
McCann Partners has partnered with a Chicago-based company to hire an Application Support Manager for a full-time hybrid onsite/remote role.
This position serves all company business units through implementation, support, and review of technological business processes and systems. This position is responsible for managing the Application Support Team of five. The successful candidate should have experience supporting a complex, high availability application portfolio and demonstrate a passion for technology and process-driven, collaborative problem solving, managing to well-defined benchmarks and metrics, and ensuring standard and processes are followed.
- Develop procedures and processes for the Application Support Team comprised of five.
- Conduct ongoing training and coaching sessions to ensure quality of various department functions.
- Work directly with various vendors and internal teams on application upgrades and enhancements.
- Manage multiple projects and team members.
- Partner with business units to evaluate user needs, define technical problems, and determine and present solutions and/or options.
- Oversee and participate in projects from inception to delivery, including documentation, determining tasks, creating a timeline, identifying resources, conducting testing, and successfully completing implementation.
- Document and provide guidance to Application Support Team members on application release, change management, and incident management processes.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the support of applications through analytical thinking, problem solving, configuration changes, and completing administrative tasks.
- Provide expertise and support during critical incidents.
- Manage the monitoring and identification of services/processes to ensure high availability of the enterprise application portfolio.
- Participate in, or ensure completion of, root cause analysis for resolved issues.
- Assesses opportunities for application and process improvement.
- Provides data and reporting of KPIs and trends to IT department and others on an ad-hoc, weekly, monthly, and as needed basis.
- Drives ticket evaluations and develop strategies for improvements.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support rotation
- 4+ years of Application Production Support.
- Demonstrated ability to support and implement high availability software solutions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Visio, Excel, Word, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Familiarity with SQL databases and EDI concepts.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and work in a team environment.
- Solid understanding of application release methodologies and processes.
- ITIL v3 Foundations’ Certification preferred.
Conditions of employment include the successful completion of background check as well as verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.