Associate Principal, API Application Development Engineer
McCann Partners is supporting a financial institution in Chicago’s loop with onboarding an Associate Principal, API Application Development Engineer for a long-term contract engagement. Due to COVID-19, initially contractors will work remotely; eventually, the resources will need to be onsite in either their Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX office location.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must always look for assumptions made in the models and must always validate those assumptions of the models.
- Building and maintaining/supporting internal and external facing APIs.
- Configure, manage, and maintain Apigee and Swagger.
- Design of highly performing scalable, secure, reliable, and cost optimized solutions.
- Application design and development of big data application for business requirements in agreed architecture framework and Agile environment.
- Analyzes requirements, develops, tests, and documents software quality to ensure proper implementation.
- Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet, both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
- Application and project risk analysis and recommends quality improvements.
- Providing advice on system functionality and fixes, as required.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner all time delays or defects in the software immediately to appropriate team members and management.
- Integrating modelling libraries or risk analytics technology solutions a plus.
- Resolving security vulnerabilities.
- Java 8+ experience required, including deep understanding of Java fundamentals as Memory Model, Runtime Environment, Concurrency, and Multithreading.
- 3+ years of experience in building APIs, both internal and external facing.
- 2+ years of experience in Apigee and Swagger tools.
- Be an expert in computer algorithms and data structures, including ability to articulate and apply in practice different type of sorting, hashing, partitioning, and search operations.
- Ability to identify both time and memory complexity for the written code.
- Understand and apply in practice Object Oriented and Domain Oriented Design Patterns.
- Experience following Git workflows.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests with testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG, Citrus etc.
- ‘Get stuff done’ and flexible mindset for greater good of the organization.
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn.
Nice to have….
- Experience with high-speed distributed computing frameworks (e.g., AWS EMR, Hadoop, HDFS, S3, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with distributed message brokers (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.).
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrations. Experience preferred with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI, IAM, etc.
- Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers like Amazon, Google, etc.
- Experience working with various types of databases like Relational, NoSQL, Object-based, Graph.
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline, etc.).
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics, etc.
Conditions of employment include the successful completion of background check as well as verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making communities across the U.S. a brighter place to work and live.