McCann Partners has partnered with a Chicago based financial firm to hire a Associate Principle, Application Architect for a long-term contract position. Due to COVID-19, initially the resources will work remotely; eventually, the resource will need to be onsite in their Chicago, IL or Dallas TX office location.
Job Description Summary
This role will be responsible to architect, design and build streaming solution(s) as part of a Risk Based set of systems. Candidate will be a major contributor in the development of scalable resilient hybrid Cloud-based distributed computing solutions, supporting critical financial risk management activities. You will help in the transformation of the enterprise into a data-driven organization.
The role is for someone with experience in cloud development, having the ability to design large scale micro services based streaming solution(s). Further, this person should have hands on technical skills in creating prototype(s) and in setting right standards around software development practices.
Skills and Experience needed:
- 7-10+ years of technical experience building newly configured, and designed data-centric software solutions
- Advance level knowledge and use of Java 8+ w/experience using Multithreading, Collections, Streams API and functional programming, working on real enterprise projects.
- Minimum of one year working to in develop cloud native streaming applications using Kafka, Kafka Streams and Sprint Boot.
These are Important and good to have:
- Hands-on experience with a high- speed distributed computing framework such as AWS EMR, Hadoop, HDFS, S3, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink etc.
- Hands-on experience with a distributed data store; HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, AWS Dynamo DB
- Some hands-on knowledge and use of a distributed message broker, such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Some hands-on work with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc. and experience with Big Data architectures and BI solutions
These are plusses to have
- Intermediate working knowledge of DevOps tools Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Nexus/Artifactory and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- Comprehensive debugging and troubleshooting skills, resourcefulness and strong researching skills
- Proficiency and demonstrated skills in both Oral and Written business communications
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.