Associate Principal, Application Development Engineer (Streaming)
McCann Partners is supporting a financial institution in Chicago’s loop with onboarding Associate Principal Application Developers with Streaming Experience for long-term contract engagements. Due to COVID-19, initially contractors will work remotely; eventually, the resources will need to be onsite in either their Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX office location. Two roles are open presently.
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
Resources will work with business analysts, team leads, and other developers. She/he will be a major contributor in the architecture, design, and development of scalable resilient hybrid cloud-based distributed computing solutions, supporting critical financial risk management activities. Responsibilities will involve collaborating with developers, architects, and product owners to help in driving the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 8+ years of technical experience building data-centric solutions.
- Advanced level of JAVA 8+ knowledge with experience using Spring Boot, Object-Oriented features, and Design Patterns in real enterprise projects.
- Hands-on experience on software development projects involving distributed message brokers like Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Worked on projects involving development of micro services, REST services, and cloud-based deployments.
- Hands-on experience working with various types of databases like Relational, NoSQL, Object-based, Graph, etc.
- Comprehensive debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field required.
Nice to have…
- Worked on projects involving high-speed distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink, etc.
- Expert working knowledge of SQL.
- Intermediate working knowledge of DevOps tools like Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Kubernetes, Helm, and CI/CD pipeline, etc.
- Hands-on experience writing unit and integration tests with testing frameworks like Junit, Citrus, etc.
- Hands-on experience following Git workflows.
- Project experience building large scale fault tolerant, micro-services based streaming application on a cloud-based environment.
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics, etc.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level.
Conditions of employment include the successful completion of background check as well as verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making communities across the U.S. a brighter place to work and live.