This position is responsible for building, implementing, and supporting Microsoft BI solutions that provide data, analytics, visualizations, and other tools to deliver data access, trend analysis, and decision support. In addition, this position will help to develop the corporate framework and governance to help drive business intelligence for a global audience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- This role will work as part of a team to:
- Create BI solutions to support their Businesses worldwide.
- Assess various ETL requirements to confirm the sources, quality, and definitions of data.
- Work with business users to understand how the data will be used.
- Develop SSAS models to support the required analytics.
- Help to design/implement how the data will be presented/consumed.
- Optimize all levels of the process (Collection, Modeling and Presentation)
In addition, this role will:
- Create written communication materials that effectively summarize findings and support recommendations.
- Direct quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test plans and managing the execution of testing (Unit and UAT)
- Share in Information Management and Shared Services team’s ongoing 2nd/3rd level technical support for supported applications and environments.
- For example, HRIS, Time and Attendance, Educational systems, Compensation planning, Goal and Career planning, Payroll, Costing, Pricing and Sales Reporting.
- Basic project coordination
- Develop project plans and provide time estimates on related project work.
- Create and follow timelines.
- Communicate project status(s) within IT.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or A.S. degree in systems-related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in database design and/or business analysis with strong skills in analytics and Tabular and OLAP cube development.
- In-depth experience with the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS).
- The emphasis of this experience should be within Data Modeling (SSAS), but experience in Data Collection and Presentation are a plus.
- Primary focus is on Microsoft SQL Analysis Server
- SQL Relational Database and SQL Language
- Microsoft PowerBI, or other Visualization tool experience.
- MDX/DAX Experience
- Report Development (Microsoft SSRS)
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Microsoft SSIS)
- Dimensional Modeling (Kimball Methodology)
- Azure Experience
- Experience supporting manufacturing or product development environments a plus.
- Distribution, Finance, Manufacturing, Inventory, Warehouse Management, Transportation Management, Capital Asset Management, Pricing and Job Costing.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.