McCann Partners has partnered with a premier financial services client in the loop to support them in hiring a DevOps Engineer for a 9+ month contract engagement with strong likelihood for extension. The need is immediate. Due to COVID-19, initially the resource will work remotely. The role may be 100% remote or, for local candidates, eventually, she/he may be onsite two days a week in their Chicago, IL office location which has proximity to both Ogilvie Transportation Center and Union Station.
The DevOps Engineer will partner with the Summit application development, quality engineering, and Application Support team to ensure code, services, and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. Work requires scripting and coding with an eye on automation and continuous integration, so that deployments can be split and distributed across multiple development and test teams for the implementation of Summit development projects.
This is a hands-on role that requires analytical thinking, technical aptitude, and an ability to work closely with members of the development, infrastructure security, and solution architecture teams (i.e., engineers and testers). This job requires reliance on technical knowledge of the Summit application, Azure DevOps implementation and administration, .NET, structured programming concepts, microservices, architecture and process enhancement to support Summit development and testing efforts. General direction is received from the Summit Delivery Manager, the Summit Solution Architect as well as the DevOps Manager.
Summit DevOps Engineering/Azure
- Set up CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of resources to Cloud environments, all at medium to high level of complexity; this includes aligning with the Summit vendor’s “Release Train” so that the company can receive periodic code drops and quickly deploy them into our development, test, and production environments
- Subject Matter Expert in Azure with hands on experience on Azure App Service plans(ASP), AWS Key Management services, AWS SQL, AWS Lambda Functions
- Contribute to architecture discussions around technology controls and their implementation in a DevOps/Cloud environment
- Contribute to new technology and tool road mapping, evaluation, and introduction
- Ensure compliance with Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability and Supportability standards and policies and provide Monitoring recommendations for tasks of low to medium level of complexity
- Work closely with Summit development team to create Git Repos and branches
- Build, restore, and deploy Summit code and data to different environments
- Create, update Visual build pro, and Azure pipeline for custom deployments
- Use Ansible to automate installation of software
- Configure Windows services
- Maintain Summit database and add users and roles
- Maintain Summit development and test environments
- Monitor Ctrl-M jobs in test environments.
Summit DevOps Project Management
- Work collaboratively with architecture, security, and other engineers to estimate, design, code, deploy, and support working software/technology components
- Foster the adoption of DevOps culture and capabilities across the Summit delivery team
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment; planning, estimating, and completing tasks on
- Liaison with Agile Delivery Process teams to support necessary configurations/setup in Azure DevOps (ADO) for Agile ceremonies
- Work with development and support teams to design improved deployment, provisioning, and integration workflows, ensure environment’s stability and identify areas and plans for improvement
- Align our deployment timelines with the vendor’s (Finastra) “Release Train” for Summit
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Azure DevOps, Git, TeamCity, Visual build pro, Octopus, .NET Core, Visual Studio 2019, Ansible, AWS, Ctrl-M
- For summit related build/deploy: Apache Tomcat, Apache ActiveMQ, IIS, PowerShell, SQL server, building C++/C# using Visual Studio, Click Once
OTHER TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates will be a great fit if, in addition to the completion of a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field with relevant Microsoft/AWS Certification, and they have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in application development using .NET framework
- Manage and execute builds
- Deep expertise in designing, building, operating, and integrating Continuous Testing (CT) automation frameworks with Continuous Integration (CI)
- Good Azure DevOps/SQL/OLAP report generation and metrics experience is ideal
- Hands on experience with Azure DevOps
- Advanced understanding of source control management
- Advanced understanding of any cloud environments, AWS preferred
- Familiarity with concepts of object-oriented design
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of development processes (i.e., SDLC) required
- Familiarity with deployment of packaged code upgrades
- Knowledge of the Summit application is a big plus but not required
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.