McCann Partners has partnered with a Chicago-based financial firm to hire an Executive Director, Enterprise Project Management, for a full-time position in their loop office location. This role is a hybrid with three days required onsite.
What You'll Do:
The position will lead the development and execution of business transformation and project management practices for the organization, calibrating execution to the risk and ensuring consistency in project execution. The position will partner with and influence senior leaders within the lines of business and functional areas to address a range of critical initiatives for technology, risk, and operations, including initiatives to respond to regulatory needs, increase operating performance, improve process design and controls, and generate bottom-line improvements. This includes setting the strategy and ensuring staff adherence to the Project Management Methodology and associated policies and procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Build a high-performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates the team by fostering an inclusive work environment, communicating vision/values/business strategy, and managing succession and development planning for the team
- Establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders to effectively understand and communicate the business rationale behind programs and initiatives, creating alignment and facilitating clear communication lines for status and scope updates for each project and the entire portfolio
- Follow a portfolio management process to enable a balance between workload and capacity. Balance the predictable execution of corporate initiatives against the addition of new projects or scope to existing projects
- Oversees program execution team and its development of clear and effective program plans and project plans that establish clear and achievable objectives, between competing demands for quality, scope, time, and cost, and adapt specifications, plans, and approaches to the different concerns and expectations of the various stakeholders
- Execute against existing project delivery policies, processes, and procedures that support efficient and effective project full-lifecycle delivery while maintaining adherence to internal project management standards. Responsible for continuous improvement in project management practices
- Manage overall portfolio health, including milestones, risks, issues, and escalation as appropriate
- Lead ideation of process improvement ideas; define business cases and determine quantifiable impact/benefit of desired enhancements or issues to support prioritization of work efforts
- Make recommendations for process improvements across the company, and implement them through the delivery process if approved
- Ensure that EPMO routinely conducts project quality and compliance assessments
- Ensure that open audit and regulatory items have been resolved with excellence in timely manner
- Lead the execution of special projects as assigned by Senior Management
- Manage projects and programs within the department budget and adhere to department goals and objectives
- Lead and grow a high-performing program and project execution team of 25-30 full-time and contract employees
- Set and clearly communicate priorities and performance expectations, provide feedback and coaching, and conduct performance appraisals. Provide leadership and mentoring to staff, while remaining well-informed of projects and staying abreast of industry best practices.
- Oversee remediation efforts related to findings and observations in areas of responsibility. Ensure remediation addresses the root cause, improves the company’s residual risk, and is completed in a timely manner
- Manage a team
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their primary functions.
- [Required] Advanced familiarity with project management methodologies
- [Required] Proven ability to manage a project in various stages of the project life cycle from initiation through completion
- [Required] Proven ability to contribute consistently and positively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly regulated environment
- [Required] Proven ability to facilitate project alignment between business and technical teams
- [Required] Analytical problem-solver
- [Required] Self-directed and detail-oriented
- [Required] Highly effective organization and planning skills
- [Required] Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- [Required] Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships
- [Required] Strong experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project and SharePoint (or similar PPM tool)
- [Required] Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- [Required] Experience with Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence
- [Preferred] Advanced knowledge of application development and testing processes
Education and/or Experience:
- Required] Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline required
- [Required] 15+ years of experience in project management or project leadership role
Certificates or Licenses:
- [Preferred] PMP and/or BPM Certification
- [Preferred] ITIL, Agile, or Scrum experience/certification
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.