Linux Administrator | DevOps Engineer
McCann Partners is supporting a credit reporting organization in Chicago’s loop with onboarding Linux Administration for a 6-month 100% remote contract position.
Job Description Summary
Our client’s technology team continues to push the boundary of innovation and modernization every day. Given their agile nature they can bring new ideas and transform the way they do technology. Our client is a defining leader in bringing seamless solutions to enhance the way they build trust, and it all starts with their people. No idea is too small and no problem is too big. You’ll have the ability to put your skills to the test and see how your contributions continue to move the needle.
This position is for the APIM Team. They mostly operate on cloud services and are looking for the candidates of at least 3 years of experience in Linux administration and API Gateways. The Candidate will be supporting the Layer7 API Gateway.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or an equivalent educational and work experience, with typically up to 6+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with any of the API Gateways
- Strong knowledge of any scripting languages such as Python, Shell scripting
- Well versed with Unix administration
- Good experience in developing Ansible Playbooks
- Good Experience with any of the monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus
- Good Experience in handling enterprise level support
- Good troubleshooting skills
Additional Job Description
- Planning/Process Management: Participate in PI planning and spring backlog refinement sessions. Prepares time estimates for all phases of development projects, evaluates estimates against actual occurrences and participates in post-implementation review.
- Architecture – Work with architects to define Cloud Strategy for a new Cloud Platform for global solutions
- Mentoring: Assists associate developers and provides architectural and “big picture” oversight for development of new or enhanced products.
- Communication and Documentation: Provides input to peers, and management for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements. Publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
Conditions of employment include the successful completion of background check as well as verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.