McCann Partners has partnered with a financial client in Chicago, IL to hire a Manager, Application Development for a full-time, direct-hire engagement. Applicants should be able to work in a hybrid scenario with two days onsite in their downtown Chicago, IL, office location. Direct, W2 applicants only.
What you’ll do:
Incumbents are responsible for managing and guiding the development of staff and for supporting technology business management processes.
Incumbent works closely with team members and customers to understand operations and system requirements and to deliver quality solutions.
Incumbent is expected to provide the technical guidance, leadership, coordination and/or specialized expertise needed to successfully develop, integrate and maintain business solutions.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll be in a critical and very visible leadership role within the Bank that will have interactions with various departments and employees (from IT to Executive Team level) as well as external vendors.
- You’ll be responsible for driving the development, implementation and support of member facing credit system for the FHLBank Chicago.
- You’ll help shape, develop and mature the business systems analyst (BSA) practice for the Bank’s Member Credit Systems.
What you can expect:
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of business operations and objectives.
- Manage the development team efforts to deliver member facing applications that are secure, right-sized, and of high quality.
- Develop the business systems analyst practice used to gather, refine and analyze business requirements, ensuring they are well-defined and aligned with the Agile process.
- Lead teams in documenting and understanding data, and their related flows, across systems to support the Bank
- Ensure high-level business needs are decomposed into well written user stories leveraging the INVEST criteria.
- Collaborates with architects and designers to ensure the technical solution aligns with the business needs/requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to project managers and programmers working on development project teams.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Collaborate with analysts, developers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Assist in incident and problem resolution for the delivery team’s supported applications.
- Manage team including individual and team performance goals, career development and skills training.
- Prepare, establish, and manage annual budgets.
- Guides, directs, and coaches less experienced IT staff as needed.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems or related degree
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 9 years client server software development experience or 12 years combined applications development and support experience.
- Experience developing and leading business systems analysts with process modeling activities and related documentation
- SDLC methods – Waterfall, Agile (Scrum)
- Experience with common languages and frameworks: Angular, .Net Core/C#, Java/J2EE/Spring
- Experience with common OS and RDBMS: Windows, Solaris, Linux; SQL Server
- App Server: Apache/Tomcat, IIS, Websphere 7.x/8.x
- Other: DevSecOps, API’s, Webservices, Microsoft Azure DevOps, AWS
- Experience with process automation (build, deploy and test) and continuous integration principles
- Solid background in software, data and enterprise architecture concepts
- Financial systems experience a plus.
- Capital Markets, Finance or Accounting background a plus.
- Experience with Agile project methods (Scrum) essential.
- Experience with responsive web design to support mobile usage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and team work experience
- Customer service focus
- Strong analytical skills
- High degree of personal accountability and integrity
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage, mentor and assess the performance of a team.
- Knowledge of Finance, Banking, Mortgage Lending and/or Capital Markets
- Broad knowledge of software development methods including waterfall and Agile (Scrum)
- Demonstrated knowledge of software design patterns and advanced knowledge of software/data architectural concepts
- Familiarity with emergent architecture concepts
At FHLBank Chicago, employees come first. We offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees. Our retirement program includes a 401K and Pension. Our generous PTO plan provides five weeks of vacation for new employees and 11 paid holidays per year. We offer work from home options and a casual dress code at our beautiful new space in the Old Post Office. Step into your future with us. #LI-Hybrid