As the Software Engineering Manager, your responsibilities include leading the software engineering team and executing technical strategies. This crucial position requires you to engage in strategic planning, manage the entire software development process, and guide a team of engineers toward creating solutions that meet the company's objectives and cater to our customers' needs.
- Direct and oversee the software engineering team, encompassing software development, QA, DevOps, and system architecture.
- Formulate and execute engineering plans to achieve the company's short-term and long-term goals.
- Work with different departments and stakeholders to ensure engineering efforts align with business goals.
- Manage the creation, development, and deployment of software products.
- Implement industry-best practices in software development, including Agile methodologies and continuous integration/delivery approaches.
- Cultivate an environment encouraging innovation, ongoing improvement, and technical prowess.
- Handle allocating resources, project timelines, and budgeting for engineering initiatives.
- Engage in the hiring, training, and developing of a skilled and high-performing engineering team.
- Lead the integration of advanced technologies and methodologies.
- Ensure adherence to relevant industry standards and regulatory norms.
- Assess and manage risks associated with software development.
- Offer technical leadership and advice on complex and challenging projects.
- Act as a representative of the engineering team in high-level meetings, providing regular updates on project progress and outcomes.
- Proven experience in a management role in software engineering.
- Ability to drive innovation and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical background in software development, architecture, and systems design.
- Experience with PHP, React, and AWS is an additional benefit.
- Prior experience working in the media or marketing industry with CMS platforms.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and software development best practices.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in software development, with at least five years in a leadership role managing engineering teams.