McCann Partners is supporting a financial institution in Chicago’s loop with onboarding an Office 365 Security Engineer. The role is a long-term contract engagement with strong possibility for contract-to-hire at the start of 2023. Due to COVID-19, initially the contractor will work remotely; eventually, the resource will need to be onsite two days weekly in their Chicago, IL office location with proximity to both Ogilvie Transportation Center and Union Station.
The Security Engineer contributes to the success of the organization by building a safe and sound technology environment for business operations. This individual will apply their passion for security and technology to create secure, stable, and easy to use solutions for the company’s personnel and other customers in their O365 environment. The team this role is a part of focuses on project work and includes experienced, passionate technology security professionals.
- Design, implement, and operate security controls for various services in Office 365, with an emphasis on Azure AD identity, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive.
- Design, implement, and operate identity security involving concepts/services such as Azure AD, OAuth, AWS Cognito, and ADFS.
- Design and implement Data Loss Prevention controls in Office 365.
- Analyze requirements and apply knowledge of business needs and security risks to determine appropriate course of action.
- Develop security standards and procedures based on industry guidance to ensure appropriate controls throughout the technology environment.
- Collaborate with different areas of IT to provide security and business technology solutions for the bank.
- Documentation of security policy, standard, procedure, and design documents.
- 2 to 5 years of O365 experience.
- 4-year college degree in information technology or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft O365 security certifications are highly preferred.
- Security and technology certifications are preferred (Security+, SANS GSEC, GMON, MCSE/MCITP).
- Experience in a Windows Server environment.
- Understanding of cloud technologies such as IaaS and SaaS.
- Scripting/automation experience such as Python, PowerShell, and API integrations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written, visualization and listening) skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Giving and receiving effective feedback across all interactions.
- Ability to address conflict with peers and others in the organization.
- Interest in understanding customer perspective to aid in development of the right solution.
- Commitment to delivering quality solutions.
- Ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Interest in understanding business needs to aid in developing solutions that are right for the broader organization.
- Knowledge of IT security controls and IT infrastructure, especially IAM processes.
- Experience with security logging and alerting in an Azure and Splunk environment is a plus.
Conditions of employment include the successful completion of required background screens, as well as verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.