McCann Partners has partnered with a logistics company in Lincoln Park to hire and onboard a Product Owner for full-time employment. The resource may work onsite or be 100% remote.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for bringing the passion, work ethic, and expertise needed to act as product owner for a logistics focused, software product at a fast-growing tech-driven logistics business. You love taking high level goals and breaking them down into features and user stories that drive software products. You are passionate about understanding the details of the logistics industry and using technology to create competitive advantages. You thrive working closely with your counterparts on the software engineering team to ensure successful product delivery.
- Closely partner with product managers to gain a deep understanding of the overall product vision and success metrics, then synthesize this information into actionable features/user stories.
- Develop concise documentation of decisions, workflows, and business processes as reference to support development initiatives.
- Maintain a well-groomed, prioritized product backlog including new features, defects, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to define scope, establish development estimates, and schedule releases.
- Participate in agile ceremonies with engineering teams, identify and implement SDLC process improvements.
- Mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals, including tracking both internal and external dependencies.
- Lead user acceptance testing (UAT) during release cycles, ensuring stakeholder sign-off.
- Partner with development managers to schedule and run product demos and sprint reviews with key stakeholders.
- Assist application support teams with troubleshooting, managing, and prioritizing reported defects.
- Oversee the creation of release notes and training documentation in close collaboration with tech writers, to ensure clear hand-off and to support user adoption.
- Collaborate with UX and design team in prototyping for further refinement of requirements.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a product owner/business analyst role focused on custom software products.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process, principles, and SDLC tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to rapidly develop and cultivate trusted relationships with peers, partners, and key influencers.
- Design savvy and familiar with user experience tools and frameworks.
- Foster a growth mindset and positive “can do” attitude.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to tie business value and impact to the features and solutions that the team is developing.
- Culture of unlimited growth with new positions and departments created regularly to support our growing customer base.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave policies.
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401k plans (with match).
- Flexible-spending, mass transit, and dependent care plans.
- Health savings account, with company contribution.
- Short-term, long-term, and life insurance policies subsidized by company.
- Cell phone discounts; reduced fees for health and fitness clubs.
- Additional benefits including pet insurance, accident care, and more.
- Competitive referral bonus program,
- Competitive PTO plans, with extra floating holiday and time off to volunteer.
- Fundraising and volunteer opportunities to give back to our local and national communities.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.