Program Manager – Enterprise Components
The Group: The Product group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at. The individuals in this group transform our client’s high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed data and software products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with Sales, Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: The Research Products team is looking for an enthusiastic, results-driven hands-on Program Manager to join the Enterprise Components team. This person will work with internal partners in product management, technology, design, marketing, operations, service, and sales to drive high-profile, complex initiatives forward.
Our Client is looking for someone with a strong background in technical program/project management, Agile software development and process improvement. Experience in strategizing, planning, managing, and implementing concurrent complex strategic projects across cross-functional teams using hybrid project management practices is required. The ability to be a leader, communicate clearly at all levels, form strong relationships with team members and business partners, and proactively identify and control risks and dependencies is critical in this role.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Own Program Management for the Enterprise Components group. Work with cross-functional leaders to determine technology, design, and project management resource requirements to execute product strategy and deliver on commitments.
- Directly manage multiple projects concurrently to include planning and execution working with business and delivery teams and to ensure that project goals are met
- Work with delivery teams to ensure that project goals are successfully met within budget and to high quality standards.
- Communicate regular program and project level updates across all stakeholder groups.
- Identify and handle dependencies between multiple teams throughout the organization and foster relationships to get things done.
- Coach teams on project management, Lean and agile practices to identify and solve project issues effectively.
- Identify, monitor, and mitigate program & project risks and assess impact to the overall program
- Lead program reviews with business and technical partners to report on and facilitate conversations regarding KPI status, progress, resources, and risks.
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with product managers, designers, technology teams, and business partners.
- Ensure that the program embraces Agile methodology and serve as Scrum Master and Agile coach.
- May manage, coach, and develop other project managers
- Support business operations as needed (i.e., Business Continuity, Capex).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience and proven track record in hands-on managing complex technical project and/or program management experience as a Program Manager or Senior Project Manager
- 3+ years of experience in Agile development practices with Scrum Master certification and demonstrated experience in applying an Agile mindset
- Proven leadership presence and success in facilitating global team collaboration
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive outlook with the passion for making things better at every opportunity.
- Ability to work through differing opinions while contributing consistently and positively in a dynamic, high-paced, and often unpredictable work environment
- Ability to manage decision-making processes and foster an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration
- A demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems
- Effective in partnering with leadership to promote a collaborative and high performing environment
- Solid time management, facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading projects in finance, data, research, regulatory or software product development is a plus
- Experience configuring Atlassian JIRA, Asana and/or Confluence
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live