Senior Backend Java Application Engineer
McCann Partners is supporting a financial institution in Chicago’s loop with onboarding a Senior Backend Java Application Engineer for a long-term contract engagement. Due to COVID-19, initially contractors will work remotely; eventually, the resources will need to be onsite in their Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX office location.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with business analysts, team leads and developers supporting all phases of design, development, testing and implementation of assigned software development tasks.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient application programming solution.
- Contribute to enhancing existing implementation, architecture, design, and development of scalable, resilient hybrid cloud based distributed computing solution supporting critical financial risk management activities.
- Participate in code reviews and application transition to support team.
- Develop software as per laid down standards and best practices followed by the team and the firm.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 10+ years of experience in Java Engineering.
- 8+ year of technical experience with demonstrable project work that helped develop advance level of understanding in Java 8+ programming, in applying multithreading, in using Collections, Streams API and functional programming.
- Fundamental understanding of Spring Framework, JDBC, RDMBS, Transactions, Unit testing and writing clean code using best practices.
- Hands-on experience with good understanding of AWS basic services like EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, KMS, CLI, Networking, Security and IAM etc.
- Desirable Project experience with any one of high speed distributed computing frameworks like Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink, etc.
- Hands-on experience with any one distributed message brokers Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Intermediate working knowledge of DevOps tools like Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Kubernetes, Helm, and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers like Amazon, Google, etc.
Conditions of employment include the successful completion of background check as well as verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.