McCann Partners has partnered with a Chicago-based private equity firm to support hiring for their growing IT group. Due to several upcoming service-desk-specific project initiatives, our client aspires to hire a Senior IT Project Manager for a six-month engagement with a strong possibility for extension. The client embraces a hybrid work model with two days onsite in their downtown Chicago location and three days remote.
The project manager will work in a fast-paced environment, interacting with senior management. This requires personal drive, flexibility, and finding a way forward when access to key stakeholders’ time is limited.
We seek a talented and experienced Senior IT Project Manager to manage internal IT projects across the organization. The Senior IT Project Manager will assume responsibility for managing the project backlog for the IT Service Desk Team and will be fully responsible for the project lifecycle of some of the projects in the project portfolio.
Project management responsibilities connected to project initiation, including scoping and detailing, identifying milestones and dependencies, and setting a timeline based on resource availability. Activities for all ongoing projects must be tracked in the client’s project management tool to maintain one team backlog. Project activities are planned for execution in two-weeks iterations and based on project timelines and business priorities. To drive the project to completion, the Senior IT Project Manager will need to interact with Senior Specialists on other teams and coordinate with other Project Managers for their availability.
The Senior IT Project Manager will report to the VP of IT Governance and Program Management and will be responsible for regularly reporting to the PMO.
- Highly independent in their work and have a strong sense of ownership
- True leader, creating a collaborative work environment
- Approaches tasks and challenges with excitement and openness
- Ability to identify milestones and dependencies and build project plans based on these
- Adapting to processes and ways of working set by the PMO
- Strong attention to detail and identifying when detail is missing
- Documenting plan and status in chosen PM tools
- Adjusting to quick changes and always delivering based on business priority
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- Experience in leading both Waterfall and Agile projects; certificates are a plus
- Proficiency in Project Management tools such as MS Office Suite
Conditions of employment include successfully completing required background screens and verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.