McCann Partners has partnered with a Deerfield based pharmaceutical company to hire a Senior Manager, International Commercial Systems for a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, initially the resources will work remotely; eventually, the resource will need to be onsite in their Deerfield, IL location.
Senior Manager, International Commercial Systems
- Responsible for project management, planning, and business analysis for our client’s Business Systems group. This role will be focused on IT initiatives in support of Commercial teams (Field Sales, Digital Solutions, Field & Marketing Operations, Medical Affairs) based in the European Union and Latin America, including the implementation and ongoing support/management of the portfolio of Commercial applications.
- Performs requirements gathering and analysis to include analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, and key analytical troubleshooting.
- Responsible for complete application lifecycle management within area of responsibility. This includes requirements definition, change control, documentation control, design modifications, testing, development, and day-to-day operational support.
- Effectively manages project efforts, to include project plan, scope/budget/resource management, time management (activities & task planning), communications, risk management, QA and testing, user training, ongoing maintenance and support.
- Leverages deep understanding of supported business area in order to develop roadmap for IT solutions.
- Keeps up to date on latest developments within the application software suite in order to understand how the applications can be further leveraged to meet business needs.
- Effectively develops and maintains relationships with supported business customers.
- Develop and implement test plans/scenarios to ensure successful delivery of a project.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during project delivery.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Support the development of internal and external team members from a professional and technical level.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Be able to travel, when necessary, to perform additional job-related duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required, either in computer science, information systems or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in IT project management/business analysis or relevant combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting life sciences medical and commercial teams in European Union and/or Latin American countries
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with supported business function (Commercial)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with systems solution delivery, configuration, or development, including Veeva.
- Experience managing vendors, building relationships and leveraging outsourced service providers with healthcare or life sciences industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex information.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.