McCann Partners is supporting a financial institution in Chicago’s loop with onboarding a Senior Network Engineer for a 3-month contract engagement. Due to COVID-19, initially the contractor will work remotely; eventually, the resource will need to be onsite in the Chicago, IL office location with proximity to both Ogilvie Transportation Center and Union Station.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to develop and maintain functional and secure networks. They will help mentor a team of engineers to troubleshoot and optimize the client’s networks for their users and clients. In this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture.
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Configure and install software, servers, routers, firewalls, and other network devices
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Create, oversee, and test security measures (e.g., access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Communicate with users when needed
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity, and scalability
- Maintain and support our Network AWS infrastructure (Route 53, Direct Connects, VPNs, security groups, Palo Alto FWs, etc.)
- Support and maintain security BSCs
- Automate jobs via Ansible
- Leverage SolarWinds monitoring and other features such as NCM and SNOW integrations
- Provide Citrix and NetScaler support
- Support other teams and IT areas at the bank with their initiatives and projects
- Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer
- Professional certifications (e.g., CCIE, AWS Networking, etc.)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- Support and provide ways to improve and automate DR strategies
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g., BGP, OSPF)
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Citrix and NetScaler
- In-depth knowledge of access control models and network security
- SDWAN experience is desired
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g., SolarWinds network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (e.g., PAN OS, Cisco IOS, Linux, etc.)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and deliver expectations
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- PAN OS
- Cisco OS
- Microsoft Suite
- Cisco CCIE certified
- Palo Alto certifications or comparable experience required
- F5 certifications or comparable experience required
- AWS certifications or comparable experience required
- Aruba Wireless certifications or comparable experience required
- ClearPass certifications or comparable experience required
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABLILTIES, AND BEHAVIORS REQUIRED:
The candidate should be able to work well under little supervision with tight deadlines, communicate effectively, work well with others, and take the initiative to improve processes within the NetOps space and or other areas of IT. He/she should also be able to help other team members by supporting them with their current tasks or projects and use those opportunities to transfer his/her knowledge, create processes, and document these.
This person will be required to speak during meetings with large audiences, present, and/or work with IT committees during scheduled presentations.
A condition of employment is the successful completion of background and credit checks.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.