McCann Partners has partnered with a Deerfield based agricultural manufacturing firm to hire a Sr SAP Basis Administrator for a 6-month contract assignment. Due to COVID-19, initially the resources will work remotely; eventually, the resource will need to be onsite in their Deerfield, IL location 5 day a week.
The Sr. BASIS Administrator is responsible for implementing, administering and supporting the SAP technical architecture with the goal of providing excellent system reliability, performance, availability and overall systems optimization. The Sr. BASIS Administrator will lead a group of SAP experts in the design, development, and implementation of the SAP BASIS systems using best-in-class strategies and planning to accomplish goals. The Sr. BASIS Administrator will also be responsible for ongoing administration and support after implementation is complete.
Key Job Elements:
SAP BASIS Enhancements & Implementation
- Lead and facilitate the definition and implementation of all aspects of the SAP architectural footprint, infrastructure, and environments. Ensure compliance with established standards. Manage all ongoing support requirements of the SAP environment. Ensure all issues and technical requirements are resolved in a timely manner, while maintaining superior customer satisfaction. Often requires coordination across business users, Support Center, and multiple technical staff. Communicate complex issues to the business.
- Manage, develop, and consult with technical resources across teams for methods, procedures, and standards to use during design, development, and unit testing phases of the project life cycle.
- Provide technical leadership to the project team by evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business and technology issues. Review proposed changes to identify opportunities for reuse and process improvement.
- Manage vendors that contribute to the overall SAP infrastructure, including managing escalations to SAP or others as appropriate.
SAP BASIS Administration & Ongoing Support
- Lead continual efforts to monitor and improve SAP system performance, availability, and end-user experience.
- Support SAP environments by performing transports and escalations through the environments, scheduling recurring batch jobs and reports, and contributing to the development and maintenance of SAP business continuity procedures.
- Routinely review, plan, and apply SAP support updates and patches throughout the SAP system landscape.
- Manage and develop BASIS Support team members through direct guidance and mentoring.
Successful incumbents will have:
Proven ability to lead, organize, and plan SAP BASIS set up requirements from implementation and development through ongoing administration. Bachelor’s degree in Math or Computer Science or equivalent technical training and minimum seven years’ experience with SAP BASIS administration including 3 full lifecycle implementations, including one as a team lead. Functional knowledge of all SAP BASIS disciplines including SAP NetWeaver, S/4 HANA and other Cloud related environments (SAP BTP, CPI, Cloud Connector, etc.). Practical experience configuring and administering SAP Solution Manager systems including setting up alerting and ChaRM. Experience designing and implementing technology-enabled business solutions. Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously. Excellent organization and communication skills, including vendor management.
Responsible for implementation and support of the complex SAP implementation. Scope includes working with vendors and internal customers and following application development principles and methodology. Work will usually be performed within tight deadlines. Incumbent must be willing to be “hands-on” on all projects.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.