Sr Business Systems Analyst – SAP FICO
McCann Partners has partnered with a Deerfield, IL based agricultural manufacturing to hire a Sr. Business Systems Analyst SAP FICO for a long-term contract position. Due to COVID-19, initially the resources will work remotely; eventually, the resource will need to be onsite in their Deerfield, IL office location.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization. The incumbent maintains an understanding of the business and acts as a trusted advisor by being the primary point of contact from IT for business line executives, managers and other key contacts. This role will also facilitate the delivery of solutions to address strategic and tactical initiatives which will ultimately drive business value and client satisfaction; provide consulting level support and guidance to business units through key product and technology initiatives; and communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of business and IT staff.
- Actively participate and be an integrated part of SAP S4/HANA transformation from ECC
- Act as an SME for Cost Center accounting (CCA), Product Cost Accounting (CO-PC) and Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) modules in SAP.
- Should be able to perform configuration in SAP CO modules (CO-PC, CO-PA, CO-CC, CCA)
- Expert in Material ledger, Account based & Actual costing and FIFO inventory valuation.
- Knowledge of continuous manufacturing costing process.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, un-cover areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Conducts interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Assists in conducting research on products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts
- Leads ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Stay current on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducts meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Perform requirements analysis.
- Document and communicate the results of your efforts.
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Participates in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develops and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements. Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed. Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Knowledge of business processes and the manufacturing and/or chemical industry, especially knowledge about fertilizer industry.
- Proven positive results on medium to large-sized projects.
- Excellent oral communication along with strong writing skills to be able to convey messages that have the desired effect.
- Outstanding customer relationship skills
- Ability to set expectations with business partners and effectively leverage governance for a positive business partner experience
- Expert in Cost Center accounting(CCA), Product Cost Accounting(CO-PC) and Profitability Analysis (CO-PA)
- Expert in the Material ledger, Transfer pricing and actual costing
- Good understanding of Integration with Production Planning and Material Management
- Experience in Repetitive Manufacturing Industry
- Experience with Project system accounting
- Demonstrated acumen and passion for business and technology
- Highly self-motivated.
- Accepts ownership and welcomes responsibility.
- Good judgment and be able to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- 5+ years of Experience in SAP S/4HANA and ECC6.0
- Detailed understanding & extensive experience in implementation of large-scale transformation projects, preferably on S/4HANA.
Conditions of employment include the successful completion of background check as well as verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.