McCann Partners has partnered with a Chicago based financial firm to hire a Sr. DevOps Deployment Engineer for a long-term contract position. Due to COVID-19, the resources will work initially 100% remote and then will have the option to work in the Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX Office or 100% remotely.
WORK TO BE PERFORMED.
- Work in the DevOps team, collaborating with other teams to deliver complex projects involving applications running in multiple systems
- Continuously improve the processes and the DevOps team using thoughtful, calculated approaches to identify opportunities, and challenge those around you to strive for perfection.
- Ideate solutions to complex technical challenges; code, test, troubleshoot, debug, and document the solutions you develop.
- Use agile software development model to produce well-designed programs, scripts, and tools required to provision, configure, and monitor deployed applications and infrastructure.
- Produce and execute test strategies, plans, and cases that cover all aspects of application and infrastructure deployment quality.
- 8+ years ~ of experience on similar DevOps platforms
- A deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) especially the deployment and production portions.
- Experience with continuous deployment tools, techniques, and automation frameworks – especially Terraform Enterprise and Ansible.
- Knowledgeable about industry best practices regarding deployment patterns and architecture principles.
- Fluent in event-driven design and workflow automation principals.
- Hands-on experience writing testable scripts using Python
- Experience managing helm charts and deploying into Kubernetes (k8s)
- Proficient in the following types of testing: unit, integration, system, functional, non-functional, regression, performance, security, and acceptance.
Additional Requirements (nice-to-have):
- Work experience in the capital markets industry.
- Hands-on experience implementing gitops.
- Hands-on experience with Harness.io for CD.
- Expertise with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, LogicMonitor, (SignalFX), and Prometheus.
- Worked on projects involving deployment and management of micro services, and hybrid cloud/on-premises infrastructure.- work across the barrier
- Working environment will include the following – Maven/Gradle, Java, and distributed message brokers like kafka,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate across teams to deliver shared goals.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.