McCann Partners is supporting a credit reporting organization in Chicago’s loop with onboarding a Sr Java Engineer for a 12 month contract position . Due to COVID-19, initially the resources will work remotely; eventually, the resource will need to be onsite in their Chicago, IL location on a hybrid basis.
Job Description Summary
Our client’s technology team continues to push the boundary of innovation and modernization every day. Given their agile nature they can bring new ideas and transform the way they do technology. Our client is a defining leader in bringing seamless solutions to enhance the way they build trust, and it all starts with their people. No idea is too small, and no problem is too big. You’ll have the ability to put your skills to the test and see how your contributions continue to move the needle.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in development of highly performant services / microservices at enterprise level.
- Sound experience in Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, RESTful API, RDBMS, messaging and server components.
- 1+ years of experience developing Cloud applications, preferably on AWS and/or Azure.
- Good experience in delivery of services via Kubernetes & understanding of Service Mesh.
- Experience with containerization – preferably Docker.
- Good experience in event driven and streaming systems.
- Good experience with Design patterns, Cloud & Microservice Design patterns.
- Strong understanding and experience in using multiple protocols, such as Protobuf, JSON, GRPC, Etc.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning of enterprise level microservice based applications.
- Exposure to CI/CD tools and implementations.
- Working knowledge of Linux including shell scripting and basic system administration-Knowledge of Ansible is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Should be able to help team members with their daily technical challenges and troubleshooting.
- Enjoy putting team commitments first and assisting to position the team to be successful.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, logical/reasoning and problem solving skills are mandatory.
- AWS / Azure certification would be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, advanced degrees preferred.
Conditions of employment include the successful completion of background check as well as verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.