McCann Partners is supporting a credit reporting organization in Chicago’s loop with onboarding a Sr Project Manager for a Long-Term contract position. This position can be remote or work onsite in their Chicago, IL location on a hybrid basis.
Job Description Summary
Our Client is dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, their mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day our client offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
- Deep knowledge in project management, a minimum of 8 years of experience, with the ability to apply industry frameworks and techniques (including Agile and Waterfall delivery)
- A background in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with experience in enterprise level cloud migration
- Strong technical background, strong communication skills, an ability to develop a deep understanding of the business domains to support business objectives and ongoing operations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to balance competing priorities, with advanced project management skills and knowledge
- Proven ability in cultivating strong relationships with cross functional stakeholders to direct, influence and support teams to successful implementation against time sensitive deadlines
- Exceptional communication, pragmatic and results-driven, with a proven ability to prioritize and handle difficult conversations
Nice to Have
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- AWS Practitioner Certification
- Certification(s) in Agile methodologies (such as PMI-ACP, CSM, SA, SASM or equivalent)
- Experience utilizing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Reporting into the Global Technology PMO, The Project Manager will plan, manage and deliver projects through from all phases of the project lifecycle, in alignment with enterprise strategy. The Project Manager provides leadership, direction and coaching to delivery teams, asks the critical questions and drives accountabilities while partnering with stakeholders to execute on the projects.
- Lead a series of complex projects and work streams involving multiple domains across specialty areas that have significant impact on business productivity and operations
- Establish effective project oversight and governing bodies; independently manage timelines, resources, budget, staff and implementation efforts
- Convey goals and objectives to stakeholders in a clear and compelling manner. Produce concise status reports that articulate delivery
- Responsible to execute assigned projects within our client’s policies/standards, execution frameworks (including SAFe) and governance processes
- Responsible to deliver the business and technology project outcomes against the approved scope, schedule and budget
- Ensure that risks, issues, dependencies and successes are proactively identified and clearly communicated to stakeholders
- Communicate with senior management regarding project obstacles and provide timely escalations to Project Sponsor
- Drive collaboration across domains to address issues upfront, define alternative solutions, resolve conflict and create lasting, productive partnerships
- Apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate, organize and manage information systems projects to maximize the benefits of IT investments
- Adhere to project governance and control processes
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory standards and guidelines
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.