McCann Partners has partnered with a Chicago based financial firm to hire a Sr. Project Manager for a long-term contract to hire position. This will be a hybrid position located out of the Dallas or Chicago offices.
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
- Provide management of day-to-day aspects of multiple projects to deliver high-quality, on time, on budget outcomes within scope.
- Follows company standard program and project management guidelines, including company project management checklists and templates.
- Coordinates program initiation and planning activities to structure the program, including facilitating the definition of project goals, objectives, and scope. Also engages teams in detailed planning activities, manages program execution activities, and ensures completion of program closure activities.
- Coordinates the identification and planning of all project work streams, including working with each functional manager to plan work product schedules, identify key milestones, manage dependencies, identify risks, track and manage issues, and report on program progress.
- Provide oversight of the identification, execution, and updating of program timelines, tasks/responsibilities, and deliverables.
- Works with program team to identify project risks, resolve issues, and eliminate program and project challenges.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of program milestones and deliverables.
- Communicates clear, concise, and accurate program status to all appropriate project stakeholders, including providing periodic status reports.
- Monitors and reports on program progress against planned program data.
- Coordinates and responds to program and project changes, including escalating project issues and decisions as needed.
- Provides oversight of project deliverables.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated familiarity with structured project management methodologies.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a dynamic, high-paced, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Proven ability to facilitate project alignment between business and technical teams.
- Possesses strong leadership capabilities to lead and direct project teams, including proven ability to build successful and effective project teams, leading team decision-making processes, and fostering an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration.
- Ability to provide the management of large projects with aggressive timelines and challenging scope, including being able to create and execute project work plans to meet changing requirements resulting from evolving business needs.
- Analytical problem-solver and detail oriented.
- Highly effective organization and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as Microsoft Project (or similar PPM tool).
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Proficiency in using JIRA and Confluence
- Proficiency in reporting program health and metrics to multiple audiences
- Knowledge of application development and testing processes
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline.
- 5- 7 years of experience in project management or project leadership role.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Scrum Certification (a plus).
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.