Employment Type: Contract
Job ID: 562
Date Added: 02/27/2023
Software Application Developer – II should have a good understanding of the Salesforce software platform and APEX programming language. The incumbent will possess ability to learn new technology quickly and continually improve their technical skills. This role will also focus on the development of software solutions with moderate guidance from Lead/Senior developers.
- Develop and test the assigned tasks to meet the appropriate requirements as per the software design
- Design, build, and maintain system integrations to bring data in and out of Salesforce, using the appropriate Platform capabilities
- Participate in all phases of software development life cycle including functional analysis, development, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, and support.
- Maintain updated knowledge of new and emerging industry trends and technology
- Assist in documenting required technical artifacts as needed during the project life cycle
- Participate in code reviews to ensure coding standards and best practices are followed
- Work with cross-functional teams and communicate with the stakeholders
- Supports resolutions of defects during system testing, UAT
- Perform demos of the software to the team, receive and incorporate feedbacks
- Align with IT processes and security standards while executing the tasks
- Work with product managers to drive strategic value through custom applications built on salesforce
- Work in the Salesforce.com development environment which includes custom objects, workflows, triggers, SOQL & SOSL.
Ensures that established processes and procedures are followed as designed to support internal control efforts. Develops and implements corrective actions regarding department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- 2-4 years of experience in software design and development
- Salesforce Portal experience and Chatbot experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree is required (preferably information technology or computer science)
- Basic knowledge of latest software platforms/languages, cloud technologies
- Basic understanding of SDLC, software methodologies and processes
- Excellent communication (verbal / written) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; accepts ownership and welcomes responsibility.
- Ability to work independently with some guidance and collaboratively with others.
- Development experience in Salesforce including Apex, Lightning Web Components, Visualforce, APIs, custom controllers, and triggers
- Working experience with Salesforce.com including Sales, Service, Community, Marketing and Analytics Clouds
- Experience with one or more object-oriented languages (e.g., C#, Java/Groovy, Python)
- Experience with RESTful and Service Oriented API Architectures
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience or knowledge of source control and DevOps practice (e.g., Azure DevOps)
- Knowledge of one or more non-Salesforce technology stacks (e.g., Node.js, .NET Core, Azure Cloud)
Software Application Developer – II has the responsibility to develop and maintain software solutions with moderate guidance from Lead/Senior Developers. The incumbent will possess the ability to learn new technology quickly and continually improve their technical skills.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.