McCann Partners has partnered with a Chicago based financial firm to hire a Senior, Site Reliability Engineer for a long-term contract position. Resources are preferred to work out of either the Chicago, IL or Dallas TX locations and will be required to work a hybrid model.
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
- Collaborate with development, operations and infrastructure teams to ensure availability of services, and to work through implementation issues.
- Develop automation for incident response and to prevent problem recurrence
- Create and enhance runbooks to respond to service outages or degradations
- Assess the production readiness of services
- Define and track operational metrics for production performance, reliability, scalability and availability
- Architect, develop and maintain shared services and tools to improve reliability and reduce toil across the organization
- Contribute to the team’s continuous improvement through research, retrospectives, discussion groups and code reviews
- Provide support within the team by guiding and mentoring junior members, and preparing stories for the sprint backlog
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology
- Able to succeed in fast-paced environment with frequent changes
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong documentation skills
- Analytical problem-solving approach
- Self-starter – takes the initiative to research, learn and deliver. Anticipates the play.
- Team player – humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds
- Experience managing infrastructure in public cloud environments like AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP
- Experience providing visibility using monitoring and alerting tools like Splunk, SignalFx, AppDynamics, Datadog, StackDriver, Sysdig, Prometheus or Grafana
- Programming/scripting experience in languages like Java, Bash, Python or Go
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ, or ActiveMQ
- Experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm or Rancher
- Experience with using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Travis, Harness, Spinnaker, Appveyor, CodeBuild or CodePipeline.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.