McCann Partners has partnered with a premier financial services client in the loop to support them in hiring a Systems Analyst II/Systems Administrator for a fulltime, direct placement opportunity. The need is immediate. Due to COVID-19, initially the resource will work remotely; eventually, she/he will need to be onsite two days a week in their Chicago, IL office location which has proximity to both Ogilvie Transportation Center and Union Station.
This position is responsible for support and maintenance of company’s hosted applications and interfaces from both a technical and business perspective. The Systems Analyst works with the business toward understanding their use of applications and technologies. He/she plays an integral role in working with the vendor on the installation, configuration, system integration testing, and evaluation of new, enhanced and upgraded technologies, producing deliverables related to specific projects. He/She provides the day-to-day support of applications and interfaces through troubleshooting issues and working with the vendors on quick resolution. He/she partners with the vendor to ensure quality services and solutions meeting defined SLAs. Other responsibilities include creating metrics to identify trends, assist Compliance and Security to ensure systems are functioning in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, etc. This position may provide support for other applications, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 30% – Responsible for day-to-day support and maintenance of hosted applications and interfaces partnering with vendor(s) to ensure quality services to include troubleshooting and resolving system-related production issues, working with vendors to identify root cause, and ensuring fixes/solutions are implemented with quality meeting SLAs. Act as a liaison between the vendors and business ensuring timely resolution and follow-ups of work activities. Assist Compliance and Security to ensure applications are functioning in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- 25% – Perform administration and configuration of systems; such as mortgage/loan origination systems, wire operation systems, etc. Create change requests and apply approved change requests to system functionality and configuration. Works with application development on APIs and required interfaces.
- 25% – Partners with vendor(s), business liaisons and others to understand both business and system requirements. Modify, enhance and/or create solutions to meet business requirements. Review, plan, test and implement system upgrades and enhancements. Review system patches and updates by vendor to ensure minimal system impact. Participates on project teams producing quality and timely deliverables. Perform unit testing of solutions prior to moving to production.
- 10% – Build and leverage metrics, incident reports, availability reporting, and trends to decrease overall system downtime and improve systems operations. Produces reports to monitor enhancements, upgrades, and patches to the environment.
- 10% – Build and/or maintain system, end user support, and training documentation, procedures and guidelines for the LOBs, Application Support team, Service Desk, and others. Other duties as assigned and support of other applications.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Supports hosted applications for mortgage, loan services, wire operations, and other business areas.
- May participate in formulating and documenting policies. Responsible for creating procedures and technical documentation.
- Day-to-day operations and solutions of technical issues are part of their decision-making process. New technology and solutions would be approved by the business, Architect, and Technology Services management.
- This position is responsible for building a strong business relationship with the vendors and working with vendors on meeting SLAs. In addition, this role will be involved in gathering and understanding business requirements; and then recommending solutions to the business. At this level, the individual has proven skills and knowledge across a variety of systems and platforms; and he/she can quickly identify root cause of problems in the environment. He/she implements effective solutions through self-directed decision making and guide others in problem solving activities.
- Required – 1 to 3 years and 4-year college degree.
- Preferred – 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Preferred – Experience with lending origination application Encompass.
Conditions of employment include the successful completion of required background screens, as well as verification of full Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.