Location: Dallas, Texas
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job ID: 580
Date Added: 03/24/2023
Accountable for designing, architecting and providing expertise of all aspects of Data management, technology and/or end-user client group to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and quality results. Responsible for cross-functional data management of specified technology product(s) and/or solution(s). Utilizes technical and industry experience to formulate technology strategies and architecture specific to area of responsibility. Works across functional areas to implement strategies and ensure offerings are defined to maximize profitability. Evaluates and adjusts strategies to respond to competition. Ensures customer needs and requirements are represented. Contributes to the general business planning regarding technology and systems required to maintain Simmons Bank operations and competitiveness.
- Architecture project deliverables meets the business needs in a cost-efficient supportable manner
- Provide long term guidance for application architecture in collaboration with relevant business units
- Providing business cases for proposed solutions and identifying gaps early in the project planning cycle
- Provide technically feasible solutions within the architecture design
- Provide guidance for developers
- Provide guidance on data mapping and business analysis efforts focusing on how rather than direct implementations
- Provide tier 4, advanced troubleshooting and production support
- Chair the application and data architecture group
- Evangelize prescriptive analytics and AI/ML solutions within Simmons
- The architect is responsible for collaborating with the developers, ensuring that the developers understand the architectural designs and goals as well as looking at the delivered solutions.
- The architect is responsible for providing advice, planning and feasibility studies for new projects.
- Providing guidance to the SCRUM master on weighing different business priorities for the existing resources.
- Develops and executes on IT product/service strategies, architecture and plans specific to flow and use of data.
- Directs the operations of the assigned functional area to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results.
- Establishes operational objectives for development teams in order to achieve the strategic and operational objectives of the group. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the specified area of expertise. Proactively addresses problems a cross functional areas of the business.
- Works with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for specified area of responsibility. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified are of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts
Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA Degree required or
- Seven plus years of work-related, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
- Seven plus years in an architectural or engineering role in a technology environment.
- Specialized training in any of the following would be beneficial: software quality and test strategies, systems analysis and design (e.g., UML, agile), data analytics, process quality (e.g., six sigma), and IT Operations (e.g., ITIL)
- Microsoft Visual Studio and Visual Studio Team Services
- Software version control such as VCS, git
- Web services such as WSDL, XML, WebSphere, BizTalk (or Azure ESB)
- Demonstrated leadership of teams successfully deploying cloud services, collaboration platforms, such as Sharepoint, .net applications, data warehouse,
- analysis and visualization, and systems analysis/architecture tools
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
ITIL or PMP/Prince II would be beneficial
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to relay technical information in business terms.
- Operational knowledge of banking units and understanding of complex enterprise class network interactions and protocols.
- Advanced problem solving skills required to find solutions to problems that are technically complex and require collection, interpretation and analysis of data from diverse sources.
McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.